CINELERRA-GG recognizes as a group, the edits of different armed tracks
that have aligned beginnings, regardless of whether they have the
same source or aligned ends. You can drag these edits around on the
timeline to construct your movie by rearranging scenes. If more than
one track is armed, CINELERRA-GG will drag any edits which start on the
same positions the edit the mouse pointer is currently over. Another
method of Grouping of edits is performed as follows:
A more traditional Grouping of edits which make a
Permanent Group works as described next. A temporary group is just
a set of selected clips and works the same as a single selection.
- Select each of the clips you would like to be part of a
- Use the desired Copy mode as described above to get into
- Go to the Resources window Clip folder and right click on
an empty spot.
- Choose the Paste Clip option. Now you have a named clip
of the current selection.
- Create a group:
- Select multiple clips/edits with left mouse button
over the clip;
- Hold down shift and left mouse click over any of the
selected clips to create a group;
- A Group Id and color are assigned to this group making
it easy to distinguish.
- Move a group:
- Move your cursor over any of the clips within the
group; click to select the clip group.
- Click and Hold down the left mouse button to drag.
- Dissolve a permanent group:
To ungroup select any of the group edits/clips and shift left
mouse click to ungroup (same as creating). The edits will be
ungrouped, and the current selection will be replaced with the
The color of the created groups are not muted and are assigned by
Group Id going sequentially through the number of 1 to 64.
Therefore if you dissolve a group and make it again, it will have a
different Group Id and a different color.
The CINELERRA-GG Community, 2021