Recording Immediately to Capture a current TV program
If you have setup for DVB capture as outlined in the first section above, just start here to record a TV program that is currently playing and stop it whenever you want. Media files can be directly captured from the Recording window to include Start, Stop, and then loaded via chk-OK.
- Bring up the Recording window via the main window File
→ Record (lower case "r").
- Set the Path to the write file Path; be sure there is enough disk space (9.5Gb/hr).
- Set Mode pulldown to Untimed found in the upper left corner area of the window.
- Press transport start recording button (red round button).
- Path will flash and update in batch window and remain flashing while recording.
- Press transport stop recording button (white square button).
- Before clicking chk-OK, be sure to set the Insertion strategy.
- Pressing chk-OK attempts to load any newly recorded media data for review.
- Or press X-cancel to terminate and dismiss the Recording application.
Figure 13.8 shows the recording of a currently running broadcast TV program news report.
Recording in real-time a TV news report
The CINELERRA-GG Community, 2021