Details on where to put your own Plugin Icons
In order to make the icons available to all themes, which would thus be the default when no theme-specific icon is available, put the png file in the:
<cinlib_path>/bin/plugins/picon/cinfinity (or cinfinity2, original or smoother)
The CINELERRA-GG program looks for a plugin icon in two places:
- First, it tries to find a png file in <cinlib>/plugins/picon/cinfinity(2) or original, smoother directory.
- If there is no corresponding .png file for a plugin, the program uses a built-in default:
- ordinary video plugins use 3 vertical color bars as a default;
- ffmpeg plugins use the words FF on yellow colored background as a default icon;
- audio and ladspa plugins use a green-colored audio wave for a default.
Keep in mind these points for newly created plugin icons:
- All included icon images become part of open source, in the public domain, and not proprietary.
- The preferred format is
52×52, 8 bit /color RGB or RGBA, non-interlaced.
- Since plugin icons are used by different themes, it is recommended that a transparent background be used. Otherwise some color background that looks good for one theme may not for another.
- In order to test a new icon, you have to have write permission in the:
<cinlib_path>/plugins directory so you may have to become the root user to copy the .png file to the correct location.
- If there is currently no theme-specific .png files present, it may be necessary to first create the theme directory in <cinlib_path>plugins as <theme_name> in order to put the .png files in that subdirectory.
- Make sure that the ownership and file permissions match the existing directory and files.
- All ffmpeg icons must begin with ff_<plugin_name>.png (Resources window title will still be F_...)
- For ladspa, check in the <cin_config> directory ($HOME/.bcast5 normally) and look for the text file $HOME/.bcast5/ladspa_plugins... for the names of the ladspa libraries which correspond to plugin names where the needed name is the basename of the .so file.
For example phasers_1217.so would need to have a phasers_1217.png file. There may be multiple plugins in a single “so” file which means that you can only have 1 icon to represent all of the plugins in that file; again as in phasers.
- Once you have placed the .png file in the correct spot, you will have to restart CINELERRA-GG to test it.
- To submit your .png file for inclusion into CINELERRA-GG Infinity for all to enjoy, it is best to upload it to any datafilehost and notify the community via email with any informative documentation.
The CINELERRA-GG Community, 2021